Product & Customisation
What’s the difference between you and a regular retail store?
A shirt bought off-the-rack does not keep your unique fitting in mind. At Stitches & Seams, you start the shirt as an experience from scratch. Select the fabric that suits your comfort, the kind of collar, cuffs, plackets, buttons and more. We make sure that you buy want you want, not what you get.
Are new fabrics available every now and then?
New fabrics are added to our collection every couple of weeks. We keep the fabrics till they sell out, which could be ranging from a few weeks to a few months.
Will the shirt shrink?
The nature of every fabric is different and some fabrics are prone to shrinkage. The shrinkage could be up to 2%. We try to minimise this by washing the shirt once before it reaches you. We request you to follow the Wash Care instructions to get the best out of your shirts.
Can I supply my own fabrics?
We have a range of fabrics you can choose from. However, supplying your fabric is not an option.
Can I change the measurements for an order under process?
To make sure that all the orders reach you on time, we give out all the orders to our tailors as soon as we receive them. Thus, it is not possible for us to change the measurements for an order that has been placed. However, you can contact us and we shall try what best we can do to make the changes you require.
Placing an order
Is it necessary to create an account before placing an order?
- Ready-made collection: Yes, you need to create an account.
- Customised shirts: For customised shirts, you just have to book an appointment with our stylist for a home visit or you can visit our studio for which you are required to fill in certain basic details.
How to book an appointment?
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Book an appointment’ section on the website.
- Step 2: Fill in all the relevant details.
- Step 3: Select your preference – Whether you would want a home visit from our stylist or you would like to visit our studio.
- Step 4: Submit your request and let it process.
Can I place an order for more than one shirt at the same time?
Once you have added a shirt to your shopping cart, you can continue shopping for more shirts. Please note that this is presently available only on our ready-made collection.
How do I cancel my order?
To make sure that all orders reach on time,the said orders immediately go to the tailors for production. Thus, cancellation for customised shirts is not possible. However, you can cancel an order that was placed from our ready-made collection; before it is shipped.
How do I change my order?
To make sure that all orders reach on time,the said orders immediately go to the tailors for production. Thus, changing the order is not an option. However, you can contact us, and we will see what can be done in case the production hasn’t begun.
How do I place a bulk order?
Please contact us
What options do I have to give my measurements?
- Size guide
- Send your best fitting shirt
- Studio visit
- Book an appointment with our travelling stylist
- Upload your own measurements: you can do a body measurement or a shirt measurement. However, preferably use the above mentioned ways for measurements to get the best results. Refer to return policy
Can I change measurements on a current order ?
To make sure that all orders reach on time, the said orders immediately go to the tailors for production. Thus, cancellation for customised shirts is not possible. However, you can cancel an order that was placed from our ready-made collection; before it is shipped.
Can I use measurements taken by my own tailor?
Our measuring method is specific to us. Therefore, we would suggest for you to take an appointment with our stylists or you can visit our studio. However, if you decide to go to a local tailor, please acquaint them with our measurement guide for maximum accuracy.
How do I send a shirt?
It is a very easy way of sharing your measurements. Find your best fitting shirt, affix our address on a parcel and courier it to us. Your shirt will be returned to you along with your order. The courier cost incurred by you to us while sending the shirt will be deducted from the final billing.
Will my measurements be saved for future orders?
Yes, you need not worry. Once you have ordered a shirt with us, your measurements and previous order details will be saved.
Do you offer Slim Fit and Regular Fit?
Yes, since we are all about one’s choices and preferences, we make sure to offer as many choices as possible.
Can I order shirts for a family member using my account ?
Please remember that the fitting is applicable to only the first shirt placed from the account. Your account holds details specific to you and only you. Thus, it is preferable for all family members to have their own accounts. This way the possible discrepancies can be avoided.
Delivery and shipping
What’s the usual time taken for delivery?
- Ready-made collection: Readymade shirts will be delivered within 3-5 days.
- Customised shirts: The time taken for a trial is 3-5 days from the date of placing the order and pursuant to that the final delivery will be in 7-10 days. In case of an international delivery, it will take 15-20 days. In case of any delay, we shall inform you regarding the same.
Where can I track my order?
You can track your order at Track Order
Are there additional shipping costs?
Custom duties and taxes applicable for shipments outside of India have to be borne by you.
I want to change my shipping address, how do I do that? Readymade shirts:
The details cannot be changed for your current order because as soon as we receive the order, it is under process for shipping. You can change the details for future orders. However, you can contact us to check in case the shirt has not been shipped from our end.
- Customised shirts: You can change your details by going to the section ‘My Account’. If you want to change the shipping address for an order already under process, please contact us, and we can do the rest. Make sure you do this within 2 days of placing the order. If the order has already been shipped, our couriers partners levy a charge to change the address. The charges regarding the same have to be incurred by you.
Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, we ship worldwide. However, the courier charges as actuals are to be incurred by you.
What payment options are available?
All payments have to be made at the time of placing the order. The payment options we offer are: Credit cards, Debit cards, Net banking, Cash payments and certain e-wallets like Paytm, Google Pay.
Is cash a payment option?
We offer Cash as a payment mode only for customised shirts in addition to the payment methods mentioned above. For ready-made shirts, cash option is unavailable.
Fitting guarantee and Alterations
- We ensure to get the perfect shirt size for a first time customer. If you are ordering two or more shirts with us, we will use the first shirt as a trial to check the fitting and once we know it fits perfectly, we then continue with the rest of the order.
- If your first shirt is not satisfactory, do not worry. We shall identify the cause and make the necessary alterations.
- In a scenario if you order only one shirt and are not completely satisfied with it, you can contact us or write into our Customer care team who will ensure a hassle free rectification process.
If I have to send the shirt for alteration, what is the procedure to follow?
- We do our best to make the shirt which perfectly fits you. However, if there are any issues like manufacturing defect or a missing style option, we will get the shirt altered for you.
- You can do so by referencing your name and order number to our customer support team. We shall get in touch with you regarding the way forward for the alteration process.
- The decision of accepting any alterations is at the complete discretion of Stitches & Seams. Alterations will be accepted only within 20 days, i.e., 20 days after you have received the order.
How long will it take?
It will take around 3-5 days, depending on the kind of alteration. In case of any delay, the same will be communicated to you.
What is the return policy?
- Readymade shirts: If there is a sizing issue, please contact our customer support and we’ll figure out the best possible option.
- Customised shirts: Since the shirts are made specifically for you, we do not accept returns.
However, you can get in touch with us and we will see the best that can be done.
I forgot my password, how do I login ?
Just tap on ‘forgot password’ option and follow the instructions to be able to generate a new one.
Do you save credit card information or details ?
We do not save any card details. You will be directly redirected to the payment gateway once you have placed the order.